Monday, July 9, 2012

Budgetista: How to find Summer 2012 Trends at Reasonable Prices

Hey Dolls,

So let's get down to it. Being on a budget is not a five star trip to Cabo San Lucas.  I know that all too well going into my 4th year of college at the University of Maryland-- Go Terps!

And it scares me to think that this time this year I am going to be real person, a real adult, or as my friend A says a "big girl". In between looking into big girl jobs and networking, plus figuring out how to pay for student loans, saving seems to trump indulging and buying the latest fashions. I find it hard for me not to want to buy up the whole entire mall on an outing, but there are ways to budget your money and be fashionable.

So here's my quirky side, and me coining the term budgetista. My first tip to becoming a budgetista is to put half of your paycheck in savings for emergency-- this may include fashion emergencies, but this is relatively for urgent dealings. Or if half is too much, put $50.
Next, shop at Tj Maxx, Ross, and Marshalls-- you can find awesome designer apparel here!
Outlets are good too, especially if there is no tax, one of the perks of living on the east coast in Maryland, is the closeness of a no tax state:  Delaware  and  no tax on clothing state: Pennsylvania.


I just recently went on an outing with my sister Baby J, to the Gettysburg Outlets, and the local Marshalls here locally in Maryland. I found many reasonable prices for the seasons hottest looks. Here's what I found:

Blouse by Double Zero
I have my sister to thank for finding this gem at Marshalls. She had remembered me mentioning how peter pan collars were making a major comeback into the fashion scene, and when she saw this on the racks she presented to me, and I instantly fell in love. Not only does this blouse have a peter pan collar but incorporates to other hot trends: sheer and hi-low. Triple threat? I think so. What makes the blouse the total package is the price. This emerald eye-catcher was only $12.99.
Shorts by 1st Kiss

Another awesome find were these ethnic patterned shorts. I loved the Native American/ Aztec type print, and thought it was a perfect design for the summer. I was so dismayed when I couldn't find them in my size, but what can you do? These shorts were marked as $14.99.

G by Guess Sandals
These sandals are the ultimate summer sandals if you want a little pop of neon or color, and want to be subtle. The extreme of a bright color paired with a muted neutral is a classic example of opposites attracting and living in perfect harmony. Buy yourself some fun for your feet for only $24.99.

Anne Klein Bag
So I have been obsessing over Anne Klein accessories for a while now, from riding boots to bags-- so when I found this bag just hanging out in the purse aisle, I thought it was so cute. Playing off the whole color blocking trend, or  as I like to call it "Piet Mondrian, walking art", this bag is super chic with its use of neutral colors and cute lion cut out. Get a twenty dollar cut in price by purchasing this bag at $39.99.

Bracelet by With Love From California


If you want to be rocker chic and incorporate studs into your outfit without breaking the bank look into these cute bracelets from With Love From California. I thought they were perfect-- one, because I love friendship bracelets, and two, who doesn't love chunky chain jewelry. I found these bracelets at a Pac Sun Outlet Store in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania for $8.99.

Bracelet by With Love From California
So get out there ladies and shop, save and most importantly look fabulous being a budgetista.

Love, J'Adore, Amore,

Gabriela Mercedes










No comments:

Post a Comment