Sunday, January 20, 2013

Accents are hot, even hotter x2

Hola Fashion Loves,

During college I have really come to love nail polish.
I never truly got to play around with nail polish too much as a baby fashionista as I went to private Catholic School and we had uniforms, which meant "NO NAIL POLISH".

This whole not being allowed to wear nail polish during defining fashionista moments meant that I had to find other ways to express myself through fashion and beauty. Luckily, I was reintroduced to the greatness of nail polish by my very good friend Care--she taught me the importance of the accent nail and drove me and other bff CC to paint our nails as bonding sessions throughout our freshmen year at the University of Maryland. Nail painting became a sort of ritual that we did every now and then to catch up, gossip, and bond. Today this ritual continues-- my roomie Becks and I will go out and buy nail polish while we are bored and go back to out apartment to paint our nails and bond. She and I love to try out new colors, and love dressing up our ring fingers accent nails.

During my winter travel, I visited my bestie Theana, who I have known since 1st grade, and I saw her sporting not one, but two accent nails, one one her ring finger, the other on her middle finger-- I instantly took a liking to it, and had to try it! There is power in numbers, and two accent nails is super hot.

When I got home back East, the next time I painted my nails, I tried it:

Accent Nails

I  used Sephora by OPI in "Keep Me on My Mistletoes" for the two accent nails, and Revlon Colorstay in "040 Provence" for the other nails.


"Keep Me on My Mistletoes" & "040 Provence"

So try out this new nail trend for the start of 2013, its different and fashion forward, and fun-- what's more to love? Plus, you will look hot.

Love, J'Adore, Amor,

Gabriela Mercedes

1 comment:

  1. Hi! And thanks for reading! I just followed your blog and I like what I see :) Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete